Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Twin Time: Hike to Red Knoll

For Twin Time today, we went on a short hike to see the colors and collect leaves. It was the perfect distance for the twins. Not too hard. Even the baby walked most of the way. She got really frustrated when I carried her every once in a while.
The girls were delighted to find a pirates flag at the top of our climb. I don't think it's usually there. I'm assuming someone placed it in honor of Halloween. What fun!
The fall colors were so beautiful! I wish I'd had more room on my camera to snap some pictures of the foliage. Not only are the colors fantastic, but the weather is great, and the light is so beautiful in the fall. What a lovely day for a hike!
The girls invited Aunt Shawna to come on our hike with us. I'm so glad she came. I thought I could do it by myself, but after having been there, I don't think that would have been so pleasant. As an added bonus she brought some delicious cookies. We munched them at the top. Camden now thinks cookies are part of the hiking tradition. On the way down she said, "Next time we go hiking, when we get to the top, we'll have a cookie, and then walk back down." Sounds like it's set in stone.

1 comment:

  1. That looks like a great hike! Can you facebook me and tell me where it is and how to get there? I haven't ever heard of Red Knoll before.

    ReplyDelete